Although Black Friday sales tend to get more time in the limelight, Cyber Monday is still one of the biggest holiday shopping days of the year. Many of the same discounts that are around on Black Friday will still be going on during Cyber Monday. There are usally a few surprise deals as well.
If you're planning on doing some online shopping on Cyber Monday this year, it's worth planning ahead as best you can. Below is a look at what you can expect from Cyber Monday sales this year as well as what deals you should keep an eye out for in 2022.
Cyber Monday 2022 At a Glance
Cyber Monday originated as a way for online merchants to take advantage of the same shopping boost that brick-and-mortar stores were getting on Black Friday. It has since become one of the most popular shopping days of the year as more and more folks have transitioned from shopping in person to shopping online. These days, pretty much all of the major retailers participate in Cyber Monday sales with some online stores like Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy often extending those sales throughout the entire week. So what was once just Cyber Monday has become Cyber Week.
When Is Cyber Monday 2022?
This year Cyber Monday will be officially taking place on Monday, November 28. The first Monday after Thanksgiving is the day when online retailers have traditionally offered the best Cyber Monday deals. That being said, many of the bigger retailer discounts on Monday will likely be similar to the ones on Black Friday and there will be some overlap in the weekend between the two sale days. Expect Cyber Monday deals to kick off at Amazon starting on Saturday, November 26.
Cyber Monday vs Black Friday: What's The Difference?
The main differece between Cyber Monday and Black Friday used to be that Cyber Monday deals were entirely online rather than in store. Now that the majority of retailers have moved to an online sales platform, however, that difference has become a lot less obvious. There are still many local shops that will have Black Friday sales you can't get online, but if you're doing your shopping on Amazon then you should be able to find similar deals on both shopping days.
Where Black Friday and Cyber Monday differ the most in 2022 is the timing. If you don't want to worry about holiday shopping during Thanksgiving weekend, it can be easier to wait until Monday and get similar discounts. However, some of the deals that happen on Black Friday may be gone by the time Monday comes around.
What Deals to Expect on Cyber Monday 2022
Many of the best deals for Cyber Monday 2022 will likely be on consumer electronics. There will be a plethora of deals on 4K TVs, laptops, PC components, and more from various retailers. You can also expect more discounts on video games leftover from Black Friday on PS5, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch games and and accessories. Here's a quick rundown of what to expect from each of the major retailers.
Amazon Cyber Monday Sale
There is already a full-on Amazon Black Friday sale going on, but that hasn't stopped the retailer from announcing some of the deals that will be available during Amazon Cyber Monday sales. According to a press release from the retailer, the biggest discounts will be on Alex-enabled devices, Ring security cameras, and headphones from top brands. There will also be discounts on home appliances such as coffee makers, air fryers, and more.
When does the Amazon Cyber Monday sale begin? Amazon's 3-day Cyber Monday event will kick off on Saturday, November 26 with new deals dropping throughout the weekend.
Walmart Cyber Monday Sale
The Walmart Black Friday deals have begun in earnest, but if you're looking ahead to Cyber Monday already, you'll want to bookmark the Walmart Cyber Monday page. Although Walmart has yet to provide a preview of what will be on sale, the retail giant has a history of offering good deals on TVs, headphones, and apple products during this time. You can also expect some solid discounts on robot vacuums and kitchen appliances throughout the week.
When does the Walmart Cyber Monday sale begin? Walmart will start offering Cyber Monday deals starting on Sunday, November 27 at 7 p.m. ET.
Best Buy Cyber Monday Sale
You can already shop Best Buy Black Friday deals right now, however, the electronics retailer always has a pretty good Cyber Monday sale as well. Expect discounts on TVs, Apple devices, laptops, PCs, and just about everything else that runs on electricity. There will also probably be some continued deals on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch games and accessories trhoughout the week.
When does the Best Buy Cyber Monday sale begin? Best Buy will start offering Cyber Monday deals starting on Sunday, November 27 for My Best Buy members.
Dell Cyber Monday Sale
The Dell Black Friday sale started early this year with deals on laptops, PCs, and even gaming consoles. Like most computer brands, however, Cyber Monday tends to be when they offer some of the biggest discounts. You can expect sales on laptops and gaming PCs with RTX 30 series GPUs during this time as well as good laptops for work.
When does the Dell Cyber Monday sale begin? We don't yet know an exact date for when Dell's Cyber Monday deals will start, but it will most like kick off on either Sunday, November 27 or Cyber Monday proper in 2022.
Cyber Monday 2022 Tips and Tricks
Here are some general tips for saving money (and not spending too much) on Cyber Mondayor really any sales event!
- Keep a look-out for Cyber Monday Ads and previews: The big-box retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target will release previews for Cyber Monday, usually before Black Friday even begins.
- Check sale prices. Not sure the deal you’re eyeing is any good? If the deal is on Amazon, check camelcamelcamel.com. This site tracks Amazon prices and lets you see how low the price has dropped in the past. You can check historical prices on nearly any item on Amazon. If the deal you’re considering isn’t on Amazon, check around at other retailers to see how much it costs there. That will give you an idea of whether or not it’s a good deal.
- Don't sit too long on a great deal. Many of the best Cyber Monday deals will sell out quickly, so if you see a particularly great deal on an item you want and it fits your budget, jump on it before it sells out.
- Set a budget. If money is tight, you'll definitely want to set a budget so you don't get carried away with spending when you see deals.
- Make a list. Simple enough, but if you're doing your holiday shopping during Cyber Monday, it always helps to have a list of people for whom you plan to buy gifts. The idea is to set limits and not to buy more than you have to.
- Utilize Price Matching. More often than not, retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon will price match prices from other retailers. If you find a good deal somewhere but want to buy it from a different retailer, make sure to check if they will match that price there.